With inspiration from His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj and His Holiness Mahant Swami Maharaj, the BAPS Campus Fellowship has served as a voice of Hinduism and provided genuine care for college youth since the early 2000s. Today, the Fellowship is active at more than 50 campuses across North America.
During November, youths across North American university campuses rekindled their commitment to unity, positivity and spirituality through this year's annual BAPS Campus Diwali Exhibition – In the Joy of Others.
With the theme of "Fostering Harmony through Humility," the program focused on the paramount virtue of humility as a pillar of strength, confidence, and success. The exhibition focused on the need to embrace humility to become leaders of tomorrow and foster harmony in our homes, colleges, and workplaces. Delegates walked away with inspiration to imbibe the paramount quality of humility in their lives:
- Diwali is a time to reflect and commit to changing our mindset and perspectives, and take a step forward to becoming better versions of ourselves
- Happiness and fulfillment come from harmony (togetherness and inclusiveness)
- Harmony is fostered imbibing the value of humility (appreciating others, selfless service, letting go of "need for praise," removing envy, detaching from "end result")
- Humility can be imbibed by adopting a positive mindset and deep reflection of "what triggers our negative thoughts."
- Becoming humble can allow us to experience fulfillment and happiness at home, personal relationships, career and school
- Practice daily mind cleanse to (express gratitude, appreciate others, imbibe good virtues of others in our lives, help because you can and want to, remove the expectation of any return)
- Source inspiration from world leaders like His Holiness Pramukh Swãmi Maharaj and His Holiness Mahant Swãmi Maharaj who are beacons of humility and harmony.
The "Festival of Lights" was celebrated in its truest purpose in the context of self-reflection, selfless service, humility, and inspiration of cultivating these qualities within oneself. The Exhibition also showcased exemplary global role models who have made a significant impact in today's world through a humble attitude and approach. Delegates were inspired by the timely and honest conversation on imbibing the value of humility in order for us to experience the true happiness of Diwali, a reflective time of year.