By the efforts of the devotees of Malawi Satsang Mandal, especially Jashbhai H. Patel and Narsinhbhai H. Patel, a new BAPS mandir was inaugurated on 9 May 2004.
Satsang in Malawi has flourished due to the visits of Yogiji Maharaj in 1958 and Pramukh Swami Maharaj in 1991 and 1999. With over 90 devotees regularly attending the Sunday assembly, the need for a mandir became apparent. With the blessings of Pramukh Swami Maharaj and encouragement from Bhaktavatsal Swami, kothari of BAPS Mandir in Nairobi, Jashbhai H. Patel donated the entire middle floor of his company’s staff quarters for the mandir.
Thus, on 8 May 2004 a grand yagna was held in which over 100 devotees participated. A short procession of the murtis was held in the evening.
Then on 9 May 2004, the murtis, originally installed by Pramukh Swami Maharaj in Dar-es-Salaam, were ceremoniously installed with full Vedic rites by Bhaktavatsal Swami. Over 800 devotees attended this auspicious occasion.