As instructed by Bhagwan Swaminarayan in the Shikshapatri and by the wish of HH Pramukh Swami Maharaj, devotees should undertake extra spiritual observances through the four holy months of chaturmas. This year chaturmas is from 30 June 2012 (Ashadh sud 11) to 24 November 2012 (Kartik sud 11). To please Bhagwan Swaminarayan and HH Pramukh Swami Maharaj, the following extra observances should be undertaken:
- One month dharna-parna, chandrayan, etc. or ek-tana during the month of Shravan (20 July to 17 August 2012). [Click here for Gujarati pdf]
- Extra malas, dandvats, pradakshinas as per one’s convenience and faith.
- Daily read one extra Vachanamrut and five Swamini Vato.
- Read Yogiji Maharaj’s Biography Parts 1, 2 & 3 and Prasangam 2010.
- In accordance with the wish of senior sadhus listen to ‘Pramukh Swami Maharaj’s Amrutvani’, Samput 1 and Sant Samagam Samput 6.
- Watch and show to others the new DVD depicting Bhagwan Swaminarayan’s life through paintings.
- Inspire five people to give up addictions, attend satsang sabha and conduct a daily ghar sabha.
Note: During Chaturmas, devotees should not eat brinjals, white & red radish, sugarcane or mogri.