BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha is a registered and reputed Charitable Trust in India, and an NGO in Consultative Status with the EcoSoC of the United Nations. It has won many awards and honorable mentions for its activities, including International awards for Environmental activities and National awards for Child-upliftment and for Animal care.
- Its spiritual activities are rooted in the Mandirs – centers of faith and devotion. Devotees come to the mandirs to pray and offer their devotional and voluntary services as well. Daily Arti and Thal, and weekly assemblies strengthen the devotees in their faith.
- As part of its medical activities, BAPS runs charitable hospitals and clinics, diagnostic and donation camps, and mobile medical vans in rural areas. It also actively organizes anti-addiction drives against tobacco and alcohol abuse. Herbal medicines based on Ayurveda are offered through BAPS Herbal Care.
- Education is another focus area, with many schools and hostels being managed by BAPS.
- Pro-environmental actions such as tree planting, waste recycling and well recharging have been part of BAPS activities since its inception.
- The BAPS Women’s Wing manages parallel community development activities targeted at women in different age groups, including vocational training and regular assemblies.
- BAPS works for Community Development in each center where it has a presence. From cleaning up the city after floods like in Surat, to participating in local events like ‘Toronto Doors Open,’ BAPS actively engages the local community and works with it.
- In natural and man-made calamities, BAPS has been active in providing Disaster Relief. It has been at the forefront of relief measures in India and abroad, since famines of the 1970s, after the earthquake in 1993 in Latur, Maharashtra and the one in 2001 in Kutchch, Gujarat, or the tsunami in 2004 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and floods in 2006 in India.
- BAPS has been active in Rural areas in India, working at mitigating social, educational and economic disparities. Medical and educational services form the bulwark of BAPS’ rural activities. It also engages actively in awareness campaigns and common assemblies to remove addictions and superstitions.
BAPS Charities :