Between 1955 and 1959, Yogiji Maharaj frequently visited Kalatalav, sowing the seeds of BAPS satsang. A regular satsang sabha was started and as satsang grew, a hari mandir was built. On 15 September 1975, Pramukh Swami Maharaj consecrated the painted murtis of Shri Akshar-Purushottam Maharaj and Guru Parampara in the mandir.
With the continued expansion of satsang due to visits by sadhus, a larger hari mandir became necessary. Pujya Bhaktipriya Swami performed the groundbreaking rituals for the new hari mandir.
As part of the murti-pratishtha celebrations, a programme of devotional songs was held on 21 April.
On 22 April, 317 yajmans participated in the Yagna for World Peace. In the afternoon, the murtis were taken on a grand nagar-yatra through the town.
Previously, on 20 October 2014, Pramukh Swami Maharaj had performed the Vedic murti-pratishtha rituals of the murtis. On 23 April these murtis were ritually installed in the new mandir by Pujya Viveksagar Swami and Pujya Ghanshyamcharan Swami.