1 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Sud 5) Wednesday, London
The local counselor met Swamishri and said, "This mandir has increased the beauty of this borough. Whenever I come here I feel that I have come nearer to God and heaven. I experience peace incoming here."
5 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Sud 9) Sunday, London
An Annakut had been arranged before Thakorji in the mandir. Swamishri performed the Shangar arti.* In the packed evening assembly, four sadhaks from London were given the parshad diksha bySwamishri. Yogen C. Patel was renamed as Svetketu Bhagat, Harikrishna M. Patel - Upmanyu Bhagat, Priyesh S. Patel - Kapil Bhagat and Vimal S. Patel - Vamdev Bhagat.
On the symbolic celebration of Swamishri's 80th birthday, senior devotees and sadhus offered garlands and bouquets. The kishores performed an enthralling Guru Bhakti dance.
A certificate of Guinness World Record 2000 for the Annakut of 1247 food items held in the mandir on 27 October, was presented to Swamishri.
During his blessings Swamishri said, " ... this is all the work of Shriji Maharaj. Through His wish and strength everything happens. All the honor and progress is due to Shriji Maharaj,
Shastriji Maharaj and Yogiji Maharaj. We do not have the strength to do this work. When Shastriji Maharaj entrusted this task (as president of BAPS) I told him that it was too big for me. The reason being that I was young and inexperienced. Shastriji Maharaj replied, 'It is the work of Maharaj. Maharaj will do the work. All we have to do is to remember Him and do what he inspires.
And the work will be done in that way. Therefore there is no need for you to worry. Put all your worries on Maharaj. You have my blessings that whatever work you do will be good and successful. You will get everyone's cooperation.' So by the blessings of Swami everything is being done. And the same blessings I got from Yogiji Maharaj. Through his blessings this work (of
the Sanstha's program) is being done."
Summary of Swamishri's Satsang Tour Abroad 2000
Swamishri with Dignitaries and Honors Bestowed
1. Guinness Book of World Records honors Swamishri for consecrating a record 355 mandirs in 11 countries.
2. Swamishri's speech at the Millennium Peace Summit in the UN.
3. Meeting H.E. Kofi Annan, Secretary General of UN.
4. Meeting President Bill Clinton.
5. Meeting the President of Portugal and EEC, H.E. George Sampaiao.
6. Numerous Key to the City and Proclamations were presented.
Mandir Consecration Ceremonies1. Swamishri consecrated six mandirs in the USA: Philadelphia, Birmingham, Miami (of murtis only), Clifton, Jersey City, Chicago (Hari mandir).
2. Re-consecration of six mandirs: Fall River, Augusta, Jackson, Washington DC, Dallas, Cleveland, Edison (Radha Krishna Dev). Total: 13 murti pratishthas.
3. Inaugurated Haveli in Chicago.
4. Performed foundation stone laying ceremony of five mandirs: Toronto, Houston, Tampa, Atlantic City, Detroit.
5. Ground-breaking ceremony of three mandirs: LA, Atlanta, Miami.
1. Swamishri inspired children, teenagers, youths and seniors through Bal, Kishore and Yuva Shibirs and satsang.
2. Swamishri blessed the special programs at different Satsang centers: Bal Din, Kishore Din, Yuva Din, Volunteers' Day, Senior Citizens' Day.
Cultural and Social Services
1. Swamishri inspired many newcomers to quit addictions.
2. Successfully inspired a campaign to support the Narmada Dam Project by petitioning to the 'International Rivers Network' in Washington DC.
3. Blessed Medico- Spiritual Conferences.
4. Hundreds of public assemblies were held.
5. Hindu festivals were celebrated: Rath Yatra, Guru Purnima, Raksha Bandhan, Janmashtami, Jal Jilani, Sharad Purnima, Diwali, New Year's celebration.
6 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Sud 10) Monday, London, New Delhi
Swamishri arrived at the London Heathrow Airport at 8.30 am and landed in New Delhi at 10.35 pm. Swamishri arrived at a devotee's residence in Gujarat Vihar at 11.50 pm and retired for thenight at 12.30 am.
8 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Sud 12) Wednesday, New Delhi
Swamishri performed his morning puja at the Akshardham site. A maha puja was performed with 475 participants prior to the foundation stone laying ceremony by Swamishri.
(See special report)
12 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Vad 1) Sunday, New Delhi, Mumbai
Swamishri departed from New Delhi at 6.00 pm and arrived in Mumbai at 8.45 pm. Swamishri was welcomed by costumed balaks showering flowers. Swamishri briefly blessed the assembly.
14 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Vad 3) Tuesday, Mumbai
The Brahad Gujarati Samaj of Mumbai had arranged a welcome assembly on Chopati to honor Swamishri's philanthropic services and spiritual accomplishments. The Chief Minister of Maharashtra -
Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, President of Brahad Gujarati Samaj - Shri Hemraj Shah and Speaker of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly - Shri Arun Gujarati, spoke glowingly of Swamishri's services to society. Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh and Hemraj Shah presented the Gujarat Gaurav Award to Swamishri. More than 8,500 people applauded the award presentation to Swamishri.
15 November 2000 (V.S. 2057, Kartak Vad 4) Wednesday, Mumbai: Children's Day
During the evening assembly Lord Harikrishna Maharaj was carried in a palanquin by children. Dancing boys welcomed the Lord and Swamishri into the special Children's Day program. A dramapresentation depicted a Bal parayan, dances and Children's forum activities. Finally Swamishri blessed the Satsang assembly.