Vallabh Vidyanagar is renowned throughout Gujarat as an excellent academic center. Shastriji Maharaj, Yogiji Maharaj and Pramukh Swami Maharaj have all sanctified the city on countless occasions.
In 1945, Yogiji Maharaj had expressed his wish of establishing a ‘Brahmavidya College’. He regularly visited students here and began a regular satsang sabha which was held at the Ramkrishna Mission Hall and, on occasion, at the V.P. Science College.
Thereafter, on land donated by a devotee, Yogiji Maharaj began the building of a students’ hostel on 27 April 1964.
On 20 June 1965, Yogiji Maharaj inaugurated the hostel. Then on 7 August 1967, Yogiji Maharaj performed the murti-pratishtha of a new BAPS Mandir adjacent to the hostel.
Subsequently, on 7 December 1993, Pramukh Swami Maharaj inaugurated a new harimandir and assembly hall. The harimandir and assembly hall have served the religious needs of many hundreds of students.
To cater for the increased number of resident students at the hostel, a new mandir was built in 2015.
The Vedic murti-pratishtha rituals of the new murtis for this new mandir were performed by Pramukh Swami Maharaj on 20 April 2015 in Sarangpur.
On 25 April a Yagna for World Peace was held and on 26 April, Pujya Tyagvallabh swami ritually consecrated the new murtis in the new mandir.