Under the auspices of Pramukh Swami Health Services, an eye camp was organized at Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Chennai, by the BAPS on 25 August 2002, in which patients were given free treatment.
- 347 patients were examined.
- 57 patients diagnosed with cataracts will receive free treatment at the Shankar Eye Hospital.
- 100 patients were found to require glasses, which will be provided free of charge.
- 8 donors agreed to donate their eyes.
- 55 donors donated a total of 16,500cc of blood.
- A 4-year-old boy requiring a Rs. 50,000 operation to correct his eye disorder will be treated free.
- A female patient requiring a Rs. 25,000 operation to treat her eye paralysis will be treated free.
Thus, with the goodwill and cooperation of local specialist doctors and hospitals, Pramukh Swami Health Services was able to successfully coordinate and conduct this medical camp.