A good library is a place where lofty spirits of all nations and generations meet
- Samual Niger
When a school aims to prepare its students to be global citizens of tomorrow, library is inevitable in their growth trajectory. Library is far more channeled, structured and perfect solution towards gaining knowledge than any other at disposal today, including internet.
Keeping these facts in mind, we have put together an extensive library with space for more than 10,000 books has been inaugurated on 8th April, 2017 by Dr. Janak Dave- An eminent scholar and Director at BAPS Swaminarayan Research Institute, New Delhi. The library, spread in over 6000 sq. ft., was inaugurated with more than 3800 books across 39 categories like General Knowledge, Science, English, Religion, Story Books, Non-fiction, Autobiography etc. A small set of books were put for display for inauguration. Sanctified flowers from Swaminarayan Akshardham, Gandhinagar were placed on each display of books.
During the entire course of inauguration, students chanted Vedic shlokas which sang of the greatness of Aksharbramha- the source of all knowledge. Such Vedic chanting was more than apt when the library was named after Aksharbramha Gunatitanand Swami.
During the assembly held, Dr. Janak Dave emphasized on the importance of reading, learning and attaining knowledge in his charismatic and engaging style to students.
Also on this day, students who had shown consistently good performance in hostel were acknowleged and rewarded with shield. The categories on which they were evaluated were: Punctuality, Health, Ceanliness, Discipline, Samp-Surhadbhav-Ekta. According to this, 1 room on each floor was identified and was rewarded for encouragement of all. The list of winners for March 2017 is as under:
1. Maluba Bhawan, Ground floor – Room No. 102
2. Maluba Bhawan, First Floor – Room No. 214
3. Maluba Bhawan, Second Floor – Room No. 309
4. Puriba Bhawan, First Floow – Room No. 209.
On this special occasion, BAPS Swaminarayan Vidyamandir, Randesan also took an opportunity to felicitate exemplary services of 4 women who devoted entire year for betterment of students:
1. Dr. Anila Patel – A pediatrician from Huston and experience of 36 years, she served as mentor and counselor to the young students, and also ensured smooth transition of several students into adolescence. With her experience, intellect and grace, she was truly an asset to the institution.
2. Dr. Shanti Parekh - Retired GP who in past was FRCS ophthalmologist from Birmingham, UK left to serve the students. She took deep interest in studies of English language. Coming from non-teaching background, she also took it upon herself and meticulously designed and executed remedial classes and Bridge course for students facing problems with English or those coming from Gujarati medium. With her dedication and hard work she has set a high benchmark for everyone.
3. Sh. Ilupi Patel – A young MBA (finance) from University of Huston and corporate employee managing Finance Projects with a bright career took a sabbatical of a year and stayed with students. She took regular science classes, established a solid background follow-up system and helped them realize their potential. She also took deep interest in studies of students who came from Gujarati Medium and took them ahead. She was also instrumental in helping students expanding their horizons of creativity through various activities.
4. Sh. Jyotsna Rathod – A dedicated young woman, with long experience of mentoring and grooming students, stayed on campus for 1 year. With students and for students, she loved, cared, mentored and nurtured the students. She was instrumental in organizing weekly tests. These tests made students regular with studies, gave them regular appraisal of their work and hurried up their progress. She specially mentored students who got consistently low marks despite their high potential.
We, BAPS Swaminarayan Vidyamandir, Randesan Family wholeheartedly thank them for their invaluable services.