Kalpana Morparia, CEO – JP MORGAN, India visited BAPS Swaminarayan Vidyamandir, Randesan on 26th December,2016. She is also the independent Director of Dr. Reddy's Lab, Bennet & Colman, CMC Limited of Tata Consultancy. She looks after the philanthropic work of Bharati Foundation run by Sunil Mittal of Airtel.
Interestingly, her first job was that of a Teacher. Today, she is in-charge of an institution that is engaged in the construction of schools in states like Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu etc and adopts neglected schools.
On her visit to SVM Randesan, she visited the school and observed the classes and had an informal impromptu conversation with students. After a brief meeting with office bearers, she visited rest of the campus including hostel premises. During her interaction with students, she expressed her pleasure at the campus and the facilities provided to students. She inspired the students in the assembly hall. She said: "The holistic development you receive from here is one of the greatest gift bestowed upon you by God. She mentioned 5 points that made her the person she is today.
1. Purpose: why am I in the school – to learn the joys of being a human being and learning various disciplines.
2. Passion: To do something very best. Passion will make you succeed wherever you are.
3. Team Work: in real life, 2+2 can make 10. The power of a group coming together is far greater than any individual person contributing something.
4. Caring: Don't be within yourself. It stands true for school, college, and workplace. Care for others too.
5. Be self-sufficient: Learn a profession and stand on your feet before you settle.
Never despair – have faith and keep learning - working”.
She was presented with a garland, memory picture, and momento by Directors, Dr. Neeta Shah and Rajendra Dave and Trustee Shree Kiran Pithwa to conclude the assembly.